2019/20 Call for Proposals on Innovative Research Fund (IF) Competition
2019/20 Call for Proposals on
Innovative Research Fund (IF) Competition
The Research Office of Haramaya University would like to invite interested staff of the University with innovative ideas to compete for the 2019/20 (2012 EC) innovative research grants. Staff members are encouraged to submit ideas yielding tangible output, problem solving, and innovative research proposals. While crafting the proposal, activities related to PhD and MSc students can be considered if initiated by staff member who is currently on duty, but a standalone PhD or MSc project is not accepted. Proposals should be developed according to target topics indicated in the Research Thematic Areas of the University, and the research area should be in the Eastern Part of Ethiopia except for compelling reasons.
Main Focus Areas: Life easing and problem solving apps (mainly to help the agriculture sector),Water conservation and development, Climate and Environment, Waste management, Vaccines, Drugs, Nutrition, Maternal and child health, Software, Electrical and Mechanical engineering technologies, etc.
Proposals should not exceed 15 pages (12 pts, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing, 1 inch margin in all sides). The proposals may have the following structure:
- Cover page (title, names of applicants, college, department, contact address)
- Introduction/Rationalel; Objectives; Activities, Methodology and Outcomes;
- Benefits and Beneficiaries, Anticipated Impact; Work Plan and Budget Breakdown and References
- Deadline for submission: October 25, 2019
- Submission: Submission should be online via Innovative Research Fund (http://grant.haramaya.edu.et/)(HUIF)