Theme V. Institutions, Innovation Systems, and Economic Development
Bereket Mamo Buli (MSc)
Academic Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialization: MSc In Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Business Development
Telephone (Mob): +251932520737
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Postal Address: Haramaya University, PO BOX 138, Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
- Bereket Mamo Buli, (2017), Entrepreneurial orientation, market orientation and performance of SMEs in the manufacturing industry: evidence from Ethiopian enterprises, Management Research Review, Vol.40 Iss. 3, pp. 292-309.
- Bereket Mamo Buli, Wasihun Mohammed Yesuf, (2015), Determinants of entrepreneurial intentions: technical-vocational education and training students in Ethiopia, Education + Training, Vol. 57 Iss. 8/9, pp. 891 – 907.
- Bereket, M. and Elvis, T. (2012) Competence sharing in transnational project teams. Blekinge Institute of Technology: Sweden (MSc Thesis).
- Bereket, M. (2006), Saving and credit cooperatives (SACCOs) and its management. Bachelor’s thesis, Haramaya University.
- Bereket M. and Admekew H. (2015) Project Management: Learning Material (Module) prepared for Directorate for Continuing and Distance Education, Haramaya University, Ethiopia.
- Bereket, M. and Abdulkadir, W. (2007). Cooperative Organization and Management: Learning Module prepared for Directorate for Continuing and Distance Education, Haramaya University, Ethiopia.
About The Theme
Lack of relevant knowledge, technologies, and innovations as well as poor dissemination and adoption of existing ones are a major constraint to development in Ethiopia. This is basically attributed to inefficiencies in taking research results to socio-economic outcomes. Other studies have identified ‘knowledge gap’ which is due to failure to produce the requisite critical number of skilled innovators and capacity development for technology and knowledge generation and dissemination.